Water fun

We have had over a week now to unpack and become acquainted with the house and neighborhood. All the while, Jamie has been entertaining herself as best she can and being quite patient with us. This weekend, we walked from our house to Kitchener's Victoria Park along the Iron Horse Trail and discovered the Multicultural Festival (Jamie at top enjoying 'Canadian' food) and to Jamie's delight, the waterpark (see video)! She loves water, and as the picture below shows, she has also discovered the joys to be had from water pressure.

5 Comments:
As a brit enjoying flooding and chaos I do not see the benefit of water spillage at present. however, I am perplexed by the strange mechanism in the video...what is it supposed to do? Who is the strange boy hell bent on dousing little Jamster?
All very querysom.
Sorry to offend your soggy senses Jack. I don't even know what it does. However, when kids spin the wheels, the buckets empty their contents. It's probably the most popular 'toy' in the waterpark - I don't know why... And to his credit, the kid actually spun the second wheel away from Jamie. I get a kick out of the kids running to and fro in the foreground.
Anyone else disappointed with the quality of Google Videos? Any solutions?
That's a fantastic video, and great pictures of Jamie.
I have to say though, when I read your comment about getting a kick out of the kids running to and fro in the foreground, I had to go back and watch it again - I had been so intent on watching Jamie that I literally didn't see the kids running back and forth!
Anyone who has taken Psychology or Philosophy classes has probably seen the videos of people passing a ball - viewers are told to count how many passes of the ball are made. Meanwhile, halfway through the short clip, a gorilla strolls across the screen, then a woman with an umbrella. Most viewers report not having seen one or the other, or both. They were all too focused on the ball.
Weird that it just happened to me. I always duped the gorilla videos, but Jamie got me good.
No offense...I live on a hill and so don't even see the floods...also plymouth is used to a lot of rain!
I love the little girl running too and fro you are right CSH&B I never noticed them. I also rather stupidly did not see the bucket emptying the until the second viewing. Jamie looks totally unphased by the massive water plurge on her head...brilliant ;-)
Jamie looks like she wants to start the water flood on her head by herself ... loved the way she walked quickly over to the boy's side to 'do' whatever he had done to start the water going ! What a girl! Jamie, we miss your entertaining games. Much love from all of us in Vancouver
Post a Comment
<< Home