Monday, February 11, 2008

Awareness

Justin has begun to show an interest in his surroundings, the people that hold him, and the sounds that he hears. He'll lay in our arms for such long periods of time, just looking around quietly...

He also seems to be settling into a somewhat regular routine of feeding, wake time, sleep, feeding. Our nights are much easier now.

And in honour of Justin's one-week birthday, we gave him his first bath today. We kept telling Jamie, "this reminds us of your first bath in this same tub...".

8 Comments:

At 1:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your nights are easier already? And a bad night is only crying from 8 to midnight! No fair! I mean I am happy for you.

-Laura

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Josh and Heather said...

I think we were jumping the gun here. The first few nights he barely slept, the next few he was fine, last night he cried until midnight, then at 3 (for half an hour), then has cried instead of slept all day today (Monday). So while we're on a 'schedule' of sorts, we're not sure how well he likes it...

Josh.

 
At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I've met Justin now, so that I can recognize/imagine him better when I see your blog pictures! - does that make sense? It does to me!
Love you Justin! And you too Jamie Roo!
Meghan

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger gnat said...

I think this one resembles Josh... be aware that another funny hat may appear in the mail if two important things take place:
1) I get your addy
2) I knit stuff
Love to ALL of you!

 
At 3:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah- well, Josh, that makes me feel somewhat better about my crier. It is funny that top picture of Justin looks like Amelia in what I call "the pirate look" (one eye smaller and squinty). Is that something all newborns do?

- Laura

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger Josh and Heather said...

Well well gnat, we will get you our address! Cool, thanks!

And Laura, his right eye is often a little more squinty. I've wondered about this too. Time will tell I suppose.

Josh.

 
At 2:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, how come Justin looks so content in the bath?! We have bathed Cian twice now and he couldn't get more distressed, I mean, you 'd think we were trying to drown him!

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

So cute you guys! And he looks so much like you Heather!

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Look in the fishbowl