views from the fish bowl
Here is where Josh and Heather share news of their travels and experiences beginning in 2005. The password for all videos is "fishbowlviews".
Here is where Josh and Heather share news of their travels and experiences beginning in 2005. The password for all videos is "fishbowlviews".
5 Comments:
Ah, my gardening friends, perhaps you can answer a question for me: can carrots be left in the ground over winter for next year? Two years in a row my carrots have been pathetic little things by the end of a growing season and ones I've found that I'd left in the ground still looked like little carrots the next year. Is it normal and/or okay to leave them planted for more than a growing season so they can grow bigger?
Hey,
Everything I've heard says that it's reasonable to leave them in until frost (the first week of October or so), but after that there's not much point as they won't grow when it's cold anyhow. I know that you can get an early start on the season in spring, though, maybe that would help? There are early varieties...
Guess you'll just have to convince yourself that you were trying for baby carrots, really.
:)H
Ha, yeah I guess so. And, well, the fact that they grew in the first place is remarkable since I was experimenting with just seeding in the sand along the sides of the house. I never watered or fertilized or weeded or cared for them in any way. And now they're returning the favour.
I love that little gardener's style! The pigtails, the striped sock, the pant leg tucked into the striped sock..
No, no, Haley, it's all about the Bee Boots (wellies).
Socks? In the yard? What sort of mother would allow that...?
Me. But not this time.
Post a Comment
<< Home