Sunday, June 22, 2008

You spin me right round, baby.

Josh surprised Heather with this find: a pottery wheel and a kiln. Heather is grinning ear-to-ear, desperately trying to remember her meager skills from pottery club three years ago, and we're both downright terrified by the chemical-spewing, energy-guzzling kiln. Perhaps we'll just let that one sit and find someone who has a legal kiln nearby... Regardless, many happy spinning hours lie ahead, and now you all know what you'll be getting as gifts for years to come!

5 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Hez, your ecstatic smile is a mirror image of what mine would be if Dad surprised me with a wheel and kiln - Josh,you must have known that we'll take playing with mud over diamonds, any day. Clay is forever! Love your Aussie family

 
At 9:03 am, Blogger Franceen said...

YES!!! Good job, Josh! The perfect gift for Heather, and perfect gifts for the rest of us through your labours of love, Heather! I LOVE pottery! Of course, I've also loved your knitting too. (Seems like our whole family is creative - I can understand our kids-by-marriage being creative, but where did our kids-by-birth get it from?!?!) Heather, I wish you much joy as you return to an activity you have been missing for far too long!

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger gnat said...

that is SO awesome!!!
I'm a wee bit jealous - but since my visiting didn't work out this time around, I now have beer AND a pottery wheel to add double temptation!

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Doug and Sarah said...

Very cool gift. Can I put in an order for a bowl?

 
At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather, i definitely have two bags of pottery making fun here at my place. maybe we could arrange an evening muck fest sometime soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Look in the fishbowl