Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Projects

As summer is winding to a close, we're all trying a few new skills in the spirit of the new school year. Justin has perfected 'building over the cracks' to make strong walls. Josh reclaimed an old door to further draft-proof our house. Jamie finally got to try out the sewing machine and made a pillowcase. Heather has been working her way through her fabric stash, with some fun results for Jamie's wardrobe (dinner napkins make great skirts- thanks Mom!).

4 Comments:

At 1:03 pm, Blogger Haley said...

Nice work on the sewing Heath - did you make Jamie's skirt in the first day of school pic? It's really cute!. I went to the fabric store recently with my sister-in-law and had a fleeting surge of 'Wow it would be great to learn how to sew!' Then I was quickly brought back to the world of reality, recalling several pairs of pants that have been hanging in my closet for 2 years waiting for a button to be sewn back on!

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Heather and Josh said...

Hey Hales. You know, I've got the same button-replacement problem. Something about hand-sewing just shuts me down. And yes, it's the same skirt as in the first-day photo. She says it's not quite twirly enough, but I think it's too comfortable for her to neglect!

 
At 10:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trendy start to your school year Jamie - your 'designed by mommy' skirt (AKA table napkins) comes from Milan, Italy. I say when you outgrow it, sew it into something else! love from Nan and Pa with sloppy kisses from Cardy and Jackson in Perth

 
At 6:30 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

Awesome job Jamie and Heather on the sewing! Cute skirt, good idea. How much you wanna bet Sharon makes me make her one too now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Look in the fishbowl