
We are looking for an old brass letter slot for the side of the house. The existing slot, with 'letters' stamped across the creaking plate has fallen apart and Josh has been restoring the letter box up to its original condition. In our hunt for a mail slot, we ended up in St. Jacob's at an amazing antique store that Nan and Pa would love, called
Artefacts. There was lots to look at apart from mail slots, including a friendly old cat that Jamie hissed at gleefully. Incidentally, we've taught her that the hiss is the noise made by cats - we know we know - shame on us. Josh's interest was held longer inside while Heather and Jamie's were kept entertained by a passing train from the
Waterloo Central Railway (Waterloo to St. Jacob's). A DIY weekend - not much to report.
1 Comments:
Good buddy...brass letter boxes!!!! oh dear.
I spent my weekend in mud and pain...when I got out of the mud Dylan didn't recognise me and cried when I went up to him and said "hello it's daddy" oh well!
Keep the updates coming!
J
Post a Comment
<< Home