Saturday, December 10, 2005

Hello again

We had our 4 and a half-month ultrasound yesterday at the Warwick Hospital. A nurse-in-training did the first scan and this was followed by the 'real' nurse who did the 'real' scan. Nice for us because we had an extra-long time watching our little incubation swallow, move around (which Heather felt simultaneously), and to Heather's great delight, stick both its hands and its feet in its mouth, just like dad who was sitting there chewing his nails and watching the screen. What you can see in the picture is the baby's shoulders and head, and those little bony things are its fingers, you guessed it, right in front of its mouth. What you can't quite see in the picture are its legs and feet which are stretched up to end just above the head in a position that the nurse said, "babies just love". And that's the end of our sneak peaks into the womb. Our next viewing will be in 4 and a half months. And for those of you who are curious, it kicks a lot and Josh has been able to feel it for a few weeks now.

4 Comments:

At 12:28 am, Blogger seth kerlin said...

Are you going to find out the gender or wait and be surprised? I think we are guessing a boy!

 
At 1:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're going to wait. I figure this is one of the big surprises in life, so why waste it?

 
At 7:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible blessing to be able to look in the window of your baby's safe-and-sound little world! I'm guessing a boy too, though I would only want it to be a guess - I sure wouldn't want to know ahead of time! Anyway, he or she is just beautiful, and a great joy to us already! It must have been wonderful to see the baby move and feel those movements at the same time!!! Love, Mom (Grandma)

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger gnat said...

Wow, what an amazing picture! I love the hands and feet in the mouth and I love the surprise. How very exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Look in the fishbowl