Alert
We've heard before that babies are alert and quiet during the first day. Jamie was no exception. She marveled at everything around her and was a joy to hold and cuddle and coo. Heather was content and resting, and Josh helped hold her while we phoned our families. Then Josh went home as Heather settled down for the night. This was difficult for us and did not feel quite right. Is this common practice in other countries?

4 Comments:
This was very upsetting for me too, when Dad and I had to be separated. I can so understand how you both feel. We will pray for you.
Hey Josh,
For us it was all a matter of the size of the room. For Micah we were in a ward room (4 people) and so I didn't have a place to sleep.
For Elizabeth, since we had health insurance at that point, we upgraded to a private room, and so I got a cot, and could stay the night. Much better.
Daniel's ready to move to England just in case we have another kid so he WON'T have to stay in the room overnight! He was tortured twice with a sleepless night on an uncomfortable couch in the hospital rooms here. Maybe we will just cheat and have a homebirth next time (if there is a next time) just so Daniel doesn't go through this trauma again. :)
Yah, she's right, Josh. I camped in the hospital room the whole time they were there. And talk about mistakes, she still hasn't forgiven me for feeding Peyton a bottle of formula so she could sleep for 20 minutes. What about those good old days when dads would just drink scotch and smoke cigars? -Daniel
Post a Comment
<< Home